Thursday, January 04, 2007

Show Me The Money!!

Happy New Year!!!

Well, the Crimson Tide now has a new coach, Nick Saban, from the Miami Dolphins. He is now the highest paid coach in college football at ~$3.75 million a year. So, was it the money or was it the love of college football that brought him to Alabama? My bet is on the money. Just for the record, I could have coached the Tide as well as Saban, or anybody else for that matter, and I'm not nearly as expensive. I don't understand why they didn't ask me if I wanted the job. (I would have taken great pleasure in telling them NO several times before they offered me more money.) With that said, I guess they were looking for experience. But, didn't Saban have a losing season with the Dolphins this year? Well, I guess experience isn't everything, but I still say my 0-0 record trumps Saban's 6-10 2006 season; but I'm not bitter. I do wish Coach Saban good luck in his tenure at the Capstone. Perhaps he might be the one to usher in a new era in Crimson Tide tradition. RIP Bear!!!

Brad Walker

No comments: